“There are three responses to a piece of design – yes, no, and WOW! Wow is the one to aim for.”
– Milton Glaser
I know I know ! You have seen people blabber about it a lot .But just bear with me , infact , this is the last step in Success Blueprint. And there is gonna be interesting information ahead.
I’m assuming you know about hosting , domains , and terms like that. So I’m gonna be focussing on things you probably don’t know.
Web development is a skill , that no matter you want to be a Digital Nomad or not , one must learn . Whether you studies science , mathematics , Humanities , MBBS or something else , unless you don’t want to miss the train , learn it , and learn it now!!
Although education regarding Web Development has been increasingly made available for free , still people find it difficult to implement theory , that they see on free education websites , into actual building of a website.
Resources of Web Development
As mentioned above , there are many free resources , you can even host your website for free for a start , saving you 30-50 bucks !!
and much more …
Insights into Web Development
- You don’t need to learn web development in an extremely professional manner to actually make money.
- Don’t think of web development simply as a freelance customer based job.
- Think of it in terms of entrepreneurship , as all steps of success blueprint are essentially aimed at making you less dependent and more independent.
- Simple but beautiful websites are a must , Don’t try to clutter your website thinking it will provide greater information to viewer.
- Chances are viewer want visual comfort and ease of navigation on website.
Web Development is a skill that you can take 1 month to learn or even 3 years to learn . This all depends on how much professional you want your website to look .
Common components learned by Web developers at start of their journey are –
- HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language ) – Basic Website Building + Structure
- CSS (Cascading Style Sheets ) – Visual Appearance
- Bootstrap – Customization + Ease
Getting started in above components can take anywhere between 1.5 months to 4.5 months , by end of which , you will be able to make pretty much websites you normally see across web.
Most Rewarding Websites
Yes , although any website has potential to become a million visitor website, But most common websites that attract ready visitors include –
- Job Websites ( including Aggregators)
- Travel Websites
- Rewards Websites
- Free Resources Websites
- Adult Websites ( If allowed in your country)
- Drop Shipping (difficult but better than most)
You are here for this no ? I knew it 😉
Website monetization is all one cares about even before actually starting a website. And rightly so , learning a difficult skill only to find out that there is no money to be made is disappointing. Hence here are a few ways to do so
- Google AdSense (most popular)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Pop Up Ads
- Video Ads ( from specific companies specializing in this )
- Course Subscriptions
Hence , think of Web Development not only as a mean of gaining employment , but becoming self sufficient ! Have that vision ! And you will be a successful digital nomad.
With this , the blueprint is laid out . Again like rest of posts , I would still request you to actually submit suggestion or comment on if you need a full fledged series on this skill.
Your Friend , Your Guide .